1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element.
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post.
3. You may enter as many times as you want, as long as each entry is different.
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges (6 other challenges plus ours).
5. Submit your projects by May 25, 11:55 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).
6. We'll announce the winner and highlights on May 31.
DESIGN TEAM CALL
Our challenge blog turns one in July and I'm looking for a few new mixed media card artists to be part of the design team as we enter our second year. As a design team member, you'll:
- create one mixed media card a month based on a theme (reminder cards are optional)
- comment on your assigned entries
- pick your favorite and vote on the winner
Interested? If you'd like to be considered, create a mixed media card based on this month's theme and link it up to the gallery. So that I know you're applying, add "DT" after your name (e.g., Your Name - DT).
Successful applicants will be notified by June 5, introduced here on the blog on June 20, and officially start their term on July 1.
So how did the design team interpret the theme? Take a look at the cards below. We hope they inspire you to play along with us! We look forward to seeing your beautiful cards!
Watercolored background with yellows, pinks, peaches. Some molding paste with a stencil and splatters
Watercolour Frost Sprayed background in three colours over top of stencil. Watercoloured image using same frost sprays and paintbrush.
Die cut, Distress Inks, Liquid Pearls, hessian, lace, gold thread.
Non-porous surface, alcohol inks, achival inks, distress ink, enamel accents, 2 stencils and 3 stamps.
Card stock layered with Foil Tape for die cut, embossed bee colored with Alcohol Inks and Rub N Buff Gold Leaf, stenciling, sponging, stamping and Big Chat Stickers.
Printed Tim Holtz tissue paper, ripped and then gessoed onto cardstock, oversprayed with Heidi Swapp bronze and swiped over, moths and butterfly coloured with gelatos, stamped and die cut sentiment, edges swiped with Distress Ink on a pearlised cardstock base.
Crackle paste paired with some mixed media grunge stamping, watercoloring and butterfly die cut makes for my mixed media card.
Gelli plate background with acrylic paints , butterflies stamped over masked area & coloured with distress markers. Stamped butterflies, coloured fussy cut and painted over with crackle paint
Big brush strokes made with mixture of sand texture and pearl acrylic paint, stamped sentiment
Ink, stencils, embossing paste, heat embossing, vellum, and stitching
Gray background misted with black and hint of gold. Butterfly stamped on a piece of watercolour paper, heat embossed with black embossing powder. Painted with vivid watercolours. Background embellished with an inked and stamped doily. Butterfly highlighted with white acrylic paint.