Friday, July 31, 2015

July Challenge Winner and Highlights

Hey, mixed media card artists! It's time to announce the winner and highlights of the July Challenge.

Here's the mixed media card that the design team voted as the winner:



Congratulations, Pamellia! Please grab your winner badge below to display proudly on your blog.



And now here are the highlights. The girls in the design team picked an entry to highlight. It's the entry that uniquely impacted us in some way -- a specific technique that was used, the colors, the creativity, or something in it that touched or impacted us.

Elina's highlight: #21 Susan B
Elina says, "I was amazed by the gorgeous background on Susan's card. A truly beautiful, non-traditional Christmas card. Love it!"


Jenny's, Lee-Anne's, Lysa's, and Michaela's highlight: #22 Pamellia 
Jenny says,"Pamellia has really captured the 'blue' theme perfectly! I adore all the layers and elements which have created a monochromatic masterpiece!"
Lee-Anne says, "I love that Pamelia used what I'd call true blues in this. The layers and the distressing are simply fabulous!"
Lysa says, "I absolutely live the multi layered papers and all the nautical elements."
Michaela says, "This card made me feel like I´m in the ocean! Love it!"


Julia's highlight: #16 Sarascloset
Julia says, "Sara's card has so many gorgeous layers and she used so many wonderful techniques - stenciling, embossing, splattering and more!"


Kripa's highlight: #23 Lisa Minckler
Kripa says, "This is a card that I'll remember. Beautiful colour, layering and details to build the scene and finally the sentiment had me in splits."


Maria L.'s and Shirley's highlight: #33 Ros
Maria says,"Love the cool beach theme and cool textures!"
Shirley says, "I love the watery background that Ros created, which looks fabulous on the whitewashed cardboard - definitely reminiscent of the beach!"


Melissa's and Yasmina's highlight: #38 LauraJane
Melissa says, "I love the color combination, the graphic b&w side and the overall look of LauraJane's card. Super!"
Yasmina says, "[I'm] in love with the background and great use of the dress stencil."


Sanna's highlight: #9 Inky and Quirky
Sanna says, "Such a fun and creative card. I really liked the combination of the blue and green Brushos with the black stenciling and stamping. Just made the card pop!!"


Tenia's highlight: #12 Inky and Quirky
Tenia says, "I LOVE everything about this AWESOME card. The image and the stenciling just ROCKS my socks off!!"


Congratulations, ladies! Grab your badge below to display proudly on your blog.

Get your artsy supplies together and check back at 6 a.m. Pacific (GMT -7) tomorrow for the August challenge. We'd love to see your mixed media cards!

Be artsy. Be messy. Be creative! :o)

9 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled and honoured to have been chosen as a Highlight! I'm quite new to mixed media so it really means a lot to me. Congratulations to Pamellia for her win, and to my fellow Highlight winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big congrats to Pamellia, her work is always amazing.
    Speaking of amazing, thank you sooooooo much for picking 2 of my cards as your highlights, thrilled with that, made my day! Congrats to the other highlighted ladies too and thanks for your fab inspiration DT ;)
    Biggest happy hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all the winners here - so much lovely mixed media inspiration for us - it was very difficult to choose just a few! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am truly honored for my card to be chosen as a Highlight here! Thank you, Julia! You made my day! Congratulations to all the other Highlight--you're fabulous! and to Pamellia for your very well deserved winner spot! What a gorgeous card! I think this is one of the posts I missed while on vacation...I've got a lot of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all the winners - so happy to see many of my faves in the picks. What a great gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! I'm so happy to see my card highlighted!! Congrats to Pamellia and all the other highlights!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow, what a wonderful way to start my day today!! Thank you so much for choosing my card as your winner and for all the kind words you said about it! Congrats to all the other winners, so many beautiful projects by some super talented artists!! Wow Donna, two cards! Holy smokes!! Thanks again to the entire team, I look forward to the next challenge! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete