As a design team member, you'll:
- create one mixed media card a month based on a theme (reminder cards are optional)
- comment on your assigned entries
- pick your favorite and vote on the winner
Interested? Please enter your name in the linky at the end of this post. Link to a mixed media card you have made before on your blog. Feel free to create a new card as your design team entry too. It's up to you.
You may be wondering what I'm looking for in a mixed media card. Straight up, a mixed media card is a card that is created using different mediums. For this card challenge blog, it means using any of the following in addition to the usual stamps and inks:
- Mediums that add texture. Some examples: fabric, stitching, embossing paste, texture gel, gel medium, modeling paste, gesso, textured paper, glitter, found objects
- Mediums that give dimension. Some examples: die-cuts, chipboard, embossing powders, epoxy/thick stickers, embellishments, found objects
- Mediums that allow you to use (and even combine) different techniques. Some examples: watercolor, pastels, alcohol inks, markers, chalks, acrylic paints, oils, crayons
- Even using various tools and supplies in creating a card is okay. Some examples: die-cutting machine (manual or electronic), monoprinting tools (Gelli plate), punches, dies, stencils, templates
Basically, a card that has stamps and inks PLUS at least any two of the above (embossing paste and alcohol inks, for example) is a mixed media card in my book :o)
This call is open until June 20 and the new design team members will be announced here on the blog on June 23. The first challenge starts on July 1.
Thanks, and I'm looking forward to visiting your blog!
A little about me: I'm a mixed media girl who has fallen in love with card-making. My cards tend to be artsy, as I love mixing different mediums in my projects -- watercolor, inks, pigments, gesso, markers, alcohol inks, paints, etc. Samples of my mixed media cards: here, here, here, and here.