Monday, June 30, 2014

Design Team Introductions {Part 2}

Hello, everyone! Last Friday, we introduced the first half of the design team. Today, you'll get to know the remaining half, and here they are.

"I'm a SAHM to 8-year-old twins and wife to a supportive hubby of almost 14 years. I started as a card maker/rubber stamper about 13 or so years ago and more recently started to get involved with the mixed media world. I'm loving messing around with inks, sprays and mediums. I'm excited to be a part of this card challenge team." ~ Maria L.

"I have been a paper lover since I was a little girl. I used to draw and craft for hours and hours. After my children were born, I discovered scrapbooking and have been hooked ever since. My recent passion is mixed media. I cannot imagine my life without handicrafts. I love to create and crafting is my way of relaxing. No particular style I like most and I usually create based on how I am feeling. I love to create, experiment, learn new techniques and share my projects and ideas. I am very excited to be a part of The Mixed Media Card Challenge team!" ~ Sanna

"Hello! I am Deepti and I am from Cleveland, Ohio. Sketching and painting has been my hobby since childhood but card-making is a newly acquired passion. I made a few cards for the new year in 2013 and I have been hooked ever since. I have come a long way and learnt at every step. Besides being a creative outlet, card-making has introduced me to a lot of amazing and talented people like you, who I can proudly call as my friends. Being on a few design teams keep me all the more busy and and I am enjoying every bit of this :) I am so excited to be a part of The Mixed Media Card Challenge Design team for two reasons: one, it is a unique challenge, which will be an amazing platform to learn new techniques and art forms; and two, it has an awesome team. I hope to inspire you!!" ~ Deepti

"Hi there, I'm Jenny. I live in Melbourne, Australia. I'm lucky to be a SAHM to 2 teenagers, wife to a wonderful Scottish man (which means we travel to Scotland very couple of years, with exciting stopovers) and I'm also 'mum' to the craziest 2 dogs ever! I've been dabbling in card making for a long time but took it up seriously about 3 years ago when I discovered challenges and blogging. I can honestly say this changed my life because I have been able to share my passion with like-minded people. I've made lots of friends in 'blog land' and have even crafted with some of them in real life! I don't really have a 'style' because I like to change things up! I'm never happier than when I have inky fingers and recently I've been getting messy with paint because I discovered the Gelli plate. This is my first DT gig and I'm really looking forward to playing with lots of media to create for this fun challenge!" ~ Jenny

"My name is Elina, and I’m a paper crafter and photographer from southern Finland. I’ve been married for 11 years, and we have two kids aged 6 and 8. Crafting is my way to unwind. The busier the days are at the office, the more important it is to me to steal a short moment just for myself and make something beautiful. I love to get my hands dirty and play with paints and inks. Experimenting is a great way to discover new things especially in mixed media, and I love the fact that this hobby is all about learning something new every day. When crafting, I pay a lot of attention to textures and colors, and tend to add some mixed media elements to most of my crafting project. I’m thrilled to be part of this design team, and I know for sure this team’s talent will keep my creative juices flowing!" ~ Elina

"Hi everyone. I’m Loll and I love paper crafting! I have been making cards for about ten years and enjoy learning new techniques and working with new mediums. I’m thrilled to be part of this wonderfully talented design team where I get to have fun playing with all types of mixed media. CAS is my usual style, but I’ve been adding more mixed media elements to my creations since taking a stenciling course about six months ago. I live in a suburb of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I’m married with two grown children, and one beautiful grandson." ~ Loll

Challenge Creator
"I'm a writer/editor by trade and an art/craft junkie the rest of the time. Before I made the leap to the wonderful world of paper crafting and started blogging about my cards in July 2013, I have been running my online businesses since 1997 and providing services (content writing/editing, ghostwriting, copywriting, web design/development) to various companies around the globe. I'm a mixed media girl at heart who has fallen in love with card-making. I love fusing my favorite styles: one layers, clean-and-simple, and mixed media, as well as incorporating different art mediums to my projects. I am happiest when my fingers are inky, sticky, and stained. My husband and I have been married since 2004 and we live in Central California with our two German shepherds and feisty cat. I started this challenge blog for those who, like me, love getting messy and artsy in their card-making and enjoy playing with various art mediums." ~ Shery


Get your craft table and favorite art supplies ready because tomorrow at 6 a.m. PDT (GMT-700), Challenge #1 begins! Until then...be messy, be artsy, be creative!

2 comments: